Wednesday, August 31, 2005

more important things than "winning"


Consolation Victories (for Non-Winners):
"At least I'm still here."
"At least I've got my health."
"At least my morals are intact."
"At least my parents aren't alive to see this."
"At least I won't feel anything."
"At least we never had kids."
"At least I've got 'Christ'."
"At least no one's the boss of me."
"At least I've got my poems."
"At least I'm not like THAT guy."


big political work upheavals at the pepper mill. too cumbersome to relate fully. suffice it to say, i inadvertently lost a position that i'd been vying for this past year and a half. perhaps i hadn't been clear or vocal enough about my interest. now i know how Letterman must have felt when they gave The Tonight Show to Leno. yep, my situation's exactly like that.

well, it's okay because otherwise this year has been a massive winning streak for me...

good thing i don't like filipinas. (note how much filipinas sound like the hulk.)

so long, august. and thanks for all the fish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home