Sunday, November 05, 2017

Young Doctors (in Love)


Time for a proper update? Not just a celebrity death marker?

The above GIF is something I made this weekend. Part of a series on hitRECord I'm calling "99 Zorkballoons". Remixing this balloon I drew into other people's work. Gonna make 99 of these GIFs, then make a music video featuring all of them. Fun little creative side project, which also highlights the greater community. This particular piece is, of course, a parody of Botticelli's Birth of Venus that someone painted, depicting her Las Vegas boss as the "Venus" character. I had the idea to make the towel slip, which meant I had to draw them cock'n'balls. I think it works, esp because it's filtered through the opacity of the red balloon. This is 28 of 99.

Now let me complain about young doctors...



It's obvious that growing up, doctors were always older. And there have been admittedly irresponsible extended stretches in the past 10 years when I've gone without health insurance because of particular employment situations. But as I'm catching up with overdue doctor appointments, it just seems to highlight this Rip Van Winkle feeling that suddenly... everyone's younger than me. Like, I don't want to know how much younger. And it makes it just a little more annoying when you've got some snot-nosed kid giving you instructions for how to live.

I get it already: I'M OLD! Do I need to be reminded every fucking place I go?

Happy Daylight Savings day, FALL BACK EDITION.

Growing up, I used to like NOT adjusting my clocks back. So, at first glance, it always looked like it was an hour later than it actually was. Just extended that feeling of gaining an hour during this time. Now, of course, all my major time-keepers self-adjust. Have I mentioned that I'm old?

I had to wake up early to go see an 8am show of THOR:RAGNAROK in IMAX today...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home