Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Autumn in New York

360 view from the rooftop of my apartment building, Sunday night. The roof hatch has been busted but we figured out how to crack it open; it'd been over a year since I'd been up there. Our relic of a city block is surrounded by luxury high-rises. Just a matter of time before our block is terminated, I imagine. Can't hardly wait.

Happy Autumn. I know this blog has been poorly kept so even regular lurkers may not check as often. I'm trying to get back on track with routines.

First week off the job. My roommate's taken an impromptu trip abroad for a week. When I've got the apartment to myself, I do some cleaning and and I do some COOKING. (I even posted an update to an old blog I haven't touched in a few years.) This is just what I needed, honestly. This apartment can get crowded, but it's sort of great for one person. If I could afford to live here alone, I'd renovate the entire place and entertain. (Then again, if I could afford all of that, I might want to pick a better apartment altogether; the sole thing going for this joint is location.)

The autumn weather came on very abruptly this year. We get such a slight window of this weather but I love it. The best season for NYC, by far.

Trying to get some work down before this year ends. This has been a strange regrouping year. Perhaps the single most important part of taking on a career in the entertainment industry is being able to take a beating and keep on going. It might be stupid and cliche but you've got to Chumbawumba it. You get knocked down and you get up again.

Then you drink a whiskey drink, you drink a vodka drink, you drink a cider drink...

Still got some action on my monthly metrocard -- I'm going to the gym by the Financial District this morning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home