Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Way You Move is a Mystery

I've a meeting with a producer from Dark Castle on Friday, about this new project I've been developing. Any meeting that is not a conference call is a nice change of pace for me. I think I make a better impression in person. I've got all the crazy ink on me. And I don't think I *look* like the average Hollywood screenwriter.

I was at a bar last week and this woman approached me to get a closer look at my tattoos. I started telling her as little as possible about them and then she asked me where I was from. I thought it was one of those ethnicity questions but she clarified that it was my accent that she couldn't quite place. And it reminded me that I've got a very peculiar accent when I've had a few adult beverages. Some bastardization of British and Irish. It happens naturally and consistently, unconsciously. I don't know precisely where it comes from beyond a lifelong determination to not be the person that I am. Even my sober accent doesn't convey my predominantly New York upbringing.

I sometimes think it's a miracle that I have any friends.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous fedup said...

I call Photoshop! She doesn't look that good, at least not now (she kinda looks like a troll now, and yes I went there, came back, and setup a T-shirt shop)

6/29/2011 12:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home