Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Burn Cycle

Facebook fucking sucks.

You cut one person out of your "life", it's not enough. You've got to cut off certain interconnections. You cut TWO people out, you've got to cut out even more. And eventually you're left with these fragments of social circles that don't quite make sense.

Dirty work, people. The sacrifices made to unsully your social world.

It's a genuine shame to lose some of these friends. To sever yourself from a certain scene. But then again, some scenes go as far as they can before they just become a repetition.

Sometimes you end up contributing more to a scene than you get out of it.

And you've got to ask yourself... why?

Do you have any idea how many parties I've helped plan in the past year? Parties for other people? And my own birthday's coming up and I'm not even sure who I can invite anymore.

Excellent.

You can't really plan when you're going to need to burn people out, though. They disappoint you on their own timetables. And they don't know when to fucking leave. And they keep trolling your blog after you've thrown rocks at them.

We're moving on. I've squandered too much time with nothing to show for it. There are a few things I want to accomplish before I die (in six months).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home