Monday, September 20, 2010

Starlog


One last L.A. trip bit. The celebrities. A quick rundown of my close encounters.

First day there, I saw Seth Rogen at a coffee house called Commissary that was within walking distance of my friends' place in West Hollywood. He walked in with a friend, getting some coffees to go. I was pacing by the entrance, on the phone with my manager, probably looking frazzled. Rogen was gawking at me more than I was gawking at him.

DJ Danger Mouse (from Gnarls Barkley) sat down next to us at the bar at Umami Burger (which I may have blogged about).

Waiting for my meeting in the Administration Building on the Paramount lot, Kate Hudson and Anna Faris walked in and had a conversation with some other people a few feet from me and my producer. They both shot me a look that seemed to say, "Who let the undocumented worker into the building?" We also saw Akiva Goldsman (who I didn't recognize until my producer pointed him out). And I think I saw Parry Shen, for those of you who care.

At Lionsgate, we ran into a lot of people who looked like they might be people. Who knows.

There was a time when I'd be nuts about this star-gazing shit—and clearly I'm not immune to it. But, with a few exceptions, I don't want to just meet most of these people unless they know who I am.  I don't want to meet them until they can appreciate me as the great big shining star that I am.

I can catch the moon in my hands.  Don't you know who I am...?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home