Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Know Your God

Mormons know almost as much about religion as Atheists. IT'S A FACT!

Tuesday in NYC, got caught in torrential rainfall. I've gone without an umbrella for quite some time now because I'm all like, FUCK YOU RAIN. But this was a heavy rain and I was walking from 23rd to 40th, and I didn't want to deal with the packed subterranean trains... and I got soaked to the bones. Like, that miserable level of soaked where you are so wet that getting more wet doesn't even matter anymore because every layer of clothing has been violated by rainwater. Even though I wasn't heading somewhere where I needed to be presentable, the sensation of being that soaked was pure humiliation. Like the skies are taking a long, ropy piss on you.

(I say "the skies" because "God" is an obvious fiction.)

I grew up all Catholic and did the whole song and dance. And I can appreciate the real NEED for religion in society... because of lot of people in the world NEED to believe in a higher power... to give them hope, to incentivize them to be good... and for them, so far as they're not using their religion as justification to harm others, I'm all happy for the existence of religion...

... but come on, now. It's a bunch of shit, isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home