Friday, August 06, 2010

115 pages

Today, I sent my reps a draft of a script that they've been waiting on for about eight months. I had a professor in college who said it should never take you more than three months to write a first draft. He died a number of years ago so I don't follow his advice.

After doing my final read through and revisions today, it ended up being 115 pages. A bit long but a lot better than the initial 143 page draft.

I should be in party-mode. The best feeling is when you've sent that script/treatment out for the weekend: it's out of your hands, they need time to read it and it's usually the perfect time to just get nuts without worrying about anything.

But I got maybe 2 hours of sleep last night. Not because I was working on the script but because of the bed bug menace I've just started fighting.

Bed bugs have a terrible stigma but it's not a statement on how clean you or your apartment is. Those little fuckers aren't attracted to dirt, they're attracted to human bodies.

Anyway, in addition to doing final revisions to my script today, I spent a small fortune doing laundry and buying expensive bed bug killer at the hardware store. We'll see how effective it is. God, I don't ask for much. I just don't want to get eaten alive in The Tomb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home