Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fatherless Day

Just watched John Hillcoat's adaption of THE ROAD. I really didn't plan to watch it on "Father's Day"—I didn't realize it was such a father-son movie. Depressing as hell but I thought it was really moving. Some gorgeous imagery and filmmaking.

My father has no idea who I am. And yet, he loves and misses me. I guess that's something biological. How do you miss someone you barely know?

Well, time to send him a half-assed Father's Day email. I considered calling but I hate these bullshit Hallmark days. It's not like I've got anything to say, either way. If my pop and I were stranded in a post-apocalyptic wasteland, we'd last about 30 seconds.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One day your father will be dead and it'll be too to say anything to him at all. Don't lose the only time you've got through petty issues. Blood is blood.

6/22/2010 04:27:00 AM  
Blogger M. Alice said...

Actually, Anonymous, my father will live forever.

6/23/2010 10:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home