Tuesday, April 13, 2010

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

New favorite show alert: IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA

I'm just in the 2nd season now, through NetFlix.

Each episode opens with a teaser that sets up the premise for the episode.

This is followed by the title of the episode, which is invariably a statement of the episode's premise. Sample episode titles: "The Gang Finds a Dead Guy", "Charlie Has Cancer", "Charlie Got Molested"

From here, we get the opening title sequence in which an innocent song plays over shots of Philly... at night! Get it? The show's called "It's Always SUNNY in Philadelphia" which is juxtaposed with this evidence that it is clearly NOT always sunny in Philadelphia. Right there, you know you can't trust what these people are telling you because they're a bunch of assholes!

All right, another show that I'm getting to late. It's weird discovering these shows so far into their life: episodes I'm watching now take place in the early Double-Ohs, which was SUCH a different world!

I could write more about this but I'm being a bit lazy.

I prefer this show to SEINFELD. Which is heresy in some circles but there, I said it. I think it's funnier and more relatable to my experience. So sue me!

Possibly my favorite episode so far: "Dennis and Dee Go on Welfare". It involves two characters quitting their jobs and going on unemployment to pursue their dreams. They get really accustomed to the dole and get addicted to crack in order to apply for welfare.

I swear, FX has the best fucking shows, man...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home