Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Cadavers and Taxes

"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."
—Benjamin Franklin

Within the past 6 months or so, I've had to deal with: renewing my passport, renewing my driver's license and being summoned for jury duty. It's like some bureaucratic Double Dare obstacle course.

Fortunately, I've made it through these inconvenient ordeals without any nightmare stories. I totally lucked out with my jury duty stint last week. On the first day, they called about 35 people in. On the second day, they called about 55 people. Reminded me of being in some dreaded high school class, not wanting to hear your name called... and they didn't call my name either day! Once again, Malice manages to slip through the cracks of society. Plus, both days we got dismissed a little after noon. And now I don't have to worry about jury duty for another 6 years...

This week, I'm dealing with "the Cadavers project" and taxes. While taxes have got to be done, we'll see how certain the Cadavers project becomes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home