Friday, August 14, 2009

Fancy Fast Food

Found this lovely little website that transforms fast food meals into haute cuisine...

... at least in appearance.

I'm curious what it actually tastes like. But it's amusing enough to peruse.

You're welcome.

Of course, "This Is Why You're Fat" documents some true envelope-pushing creations...

[WARNING: Though some of the entries are mundane, many are profoundly disturbing...]

Love the incredulous shaggy dog in the background: he's all like, "Go ahead... eat that fucking thing and lose your soul..."

I swear, I don't even understand this one. It's like looking at a grisly car accident where you're not exactly sure what you're looking at but you just know... it's literally heart-breaking. Seriously, what's the point if it's profoundly joyless?

I admit, I've actually tried one of these, at the Shake Shack on the Upper West Side. It's a bit much. I tend to feel a deep sense of self-contempt after I eat at the Shake Shack, so I don't go that often.

How about something from that trip to Oregon that I just took...?

This is the "Reggie Deluxe" at Pine State Biscuits. Fried chicken, bacon, egg and cheese on a big fat biscuit. With gravy.

Apologies for this poor, horror-film shot:

This was the special dessert at lovely Le Pigeon. Profiteroles filled with foie gras ice cream. Unimaginably good. And unaccountably deadly.

Dining with a death wish.

Michael Chiarello is a douchebag.

(Happy birthday to DMC today!)


(And warmest regards to Mr. & Mrs. Cohen!!)

This is the last of the entries I pre-blogged before my Oregon odyssey. Next week, we'll see where my head's really at...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home