Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Seems such a long time ago...

"What are you willing to accept, in terms of behavior, from the people who protect you?" That was a very resonant question in 2002, when we were still in the shadow of 9/11.
Shawn Ryan, The Shield


Everyone catch up with their DVRs and watch THE SHIELD finale?

Doesn't happen often—takes quite a lot these days, in fact...

... but I was in tears during that finale...!

The episodes leading up to the finale had sorta prepped me for the end, but when it happened... NO SPOILERS HERE but when it happened, it totally knocked me out. Niagra Falls, baby.

Other reviewers have seen fit to use THE SHIELD finale as an excuse to take a potshot at THE SOPRANOS finale, and I would like to hop on that bandwagon. THE SHIELD finale was as breathtaking and pitch-perfect in all the ways that THE SOPRANOS finale could've been. It involved me emotionally, where THE SOPRANOS slammed the door in my face.

THE SHIELD somehow managed to leave the story open-ended while simultaneously offering some profound closure.

Closure.

You fucking hear me, David Chase???

CLOSURE!!! I still want my motherfucking closure, Chase!!!

Yes, is this the super? I want you to know that David Chase in 2F is a whore!!!


Take a walk through memory lane with Walton Goggins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home