Monday, November 24, 2008

Gigi Democracy

Back in college, I would've been hard-pressed to find someone less of a fan of Guns N' Roses than Nick E. Gaffney.

Therefore, it is a peculiar brand of irony that Nick's firstborn owns a copy of Guns N' Roses' Chinese Democracy BEFORE I DO!!!

Sunday afternoon, I went to get my milestone tattoo. Took a lot longer than previously estimated (and the motherfucker didn't even fucking FINISH, so I gotta go back next weekend...), met up with my girlfriend after the tattoo parlor to have a spot of dinner. Sent her on her way, then raced to a mid-town BEST BUY...

Turns out, BEST BUY closes at 9pm. And if you get there at 8:33pm on a Sunday night when a long-awaited Guns N' Roses album is released, they tell you the store is already closed and won't let you buy a copy.

I went to two BEST BUY stores: Fucking. Shut. Out.

Took a long walk home through the bitter cold. My arm throbbing from my unfinished tattoo. I wanted to stab every pedestrian on the street.

I am filled with hatred. I am a perfect hate machine.

All the same, I'm liking my work-in-progress tattoo. It may seem a bit funny getting ink based on an album I don't even own yet, but I gotta have faith.

Pretty sure I'm gonna regret it *less* than that "I Heart Spider-Man 3" tattoo that I rushed out and got...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home