Monday, September 08, 2008

Shitty AOL Straw Polls

I can't really find any specific articles about this (though there HAS to be...), so I guess I've got to call this out.

Yes, AOL sucks. This is no secret. It's sucked for a parade of reasons, for the majority of its lifetime. Even now that it's free, it sucks. Maybe more.

I keep an AOL account because it's one of my few contact info constants (NYC being the nomadic, elitist metropolis that it is).

When I log on, I notice all the AOL news stories. Sometimes I click through and even, on occasion, take part in some of their little "straw polls".

However, for the political stuff, there is ALWAYS a clear Republican slant in the poll numbers.

WTF is up with that?

AOL is synonymous with "internet for idiots", so you can connect the dots that way (if you were so inclined). So, the majority of AOLers are crotchety Luddites who find solace in the fear-mongering hypocrisy and outright lies of the desperate Grand Old Party?

AOL Polls = Hillbilly Polls

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home