Wednesday, August 07, 2002

Ich bin ein auslander...

Every so often -- through one provocation or another -- I get real bitter about the so-called "asian american" ghetto -- er, I mean *community* we operate in.

I hate this ghetto. I loathe this ghetto. With every last stitch of my soul.

I understand I'm still a nobody -- even within the marginalized confines of this backwater community -- but I've got my eye trained on my escape. And I know it just sounds like a lot of posturing and chest-beating -- and to a certain extent, that's all it can be at this point -- but I am dead serious about getting out of here. The streets are paved with all the mediocrity this community produces. All the spineless and childish and insincere that serve as BIG FISH in this SMALL POND. It sickens me.

Every so often, it bothers me. But I have to put it aside and remember my focus.

My focus on an exit...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home