Monday, August 16, 2010

When You're A Hammer, Everything Looks Like a Nail

For the first time in a very long time, I'm expecting some real money to be coming in. Some sure money that will hopefully be added to some money related to new projects. The details of the projects are the subject of another entry down the line. My point here is... money changes everything.

Honestly, it's been so long since I've been flush. Over a year. And what a difference a year makes. (This time last year, I was still living on the Upper West Side.)

This year's made me more strongly appreciate necessity versus want. The past year, splurging was mainly reserved for going out with friends. The past year, I spent a lot of time worrying over how I was going to make ends meet each month.

The sudden feeling of NOT having to worry so much about that... at least in the short term... it's like a burden that's being lifted. The idea of being covered for the rest of the year is amazing. The idea of clearing off some old debts I've been whittling down for the better part of my adult life is hard to describe.

I want to have some fun... and I'll be sure to have a little fun... but most importantly, I want to build on this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home