Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Cruel Summer (for House Cats)

It was so hot and humid over the weekend and The Tomb was a virtual oven. The cat was just lying sprawled on the floor for most of it. Every so often, I would prod her to make sure she was still among the living.

It's these moments that remind me that I'm responsible for the life of this creature. I am officially a fucking pet-owner. At least for the stretches when both roommates are away. The accidental pet-owner.

Eventually, I ended up rubbing her down with an ice cube to try to cool her out. Surprisingly, she let me do this without starting a fight. And I think her stinky hair benefited from the ice-wash.

Crisis averted. Next up for me: fatherhood.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

After reading this, I would gladly let you babysit any time.

6/08/2010 08:59:00 AM  
Blogger M. Alice said...

When it's really hot, do you put ice cubes in Eve's water dish? Does that help?

6/08/2010 09:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home