Thursday, February 25, 2010

Ode to Jill Bernstein

Over the weekend, I was mucking about with a very poorly updated food blog I keep up every now and again and noticed this one entry had accumulated an inordinate number of random comments over the years.

An entry covering the Iron Chef battle Rachel Ray & Giada De Laurentiis. This was back in 2006 and I had painstakingly extracted frames from video I'd uploaded to my computer so that I could include these little screen caps. (This was before the rise and fall of YOUTUBE, kids.)

I'd gone to this trouble because of this judge on the show who was just a stone cold knockout. Period point blank.

Miss Jill Bernstein. Senior Editor of Entertainment Weekly.

While the majority of that blog consists of recipes and recipe-experiments, the Jill Bernstein entry is probably the one that has gotten the most hits. From other men who were inspired to look her up after watching that same Iron Chef episode.

One day, people will respect me for all the good I've contributed to the internet. Mark these words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home