Friday, July 17, 2009

20/20 Ennui


I watch crime documentary shows to get plot ideas. The WE channel airs old episodes of "20/20". They repackage each episode and introduce them as "20/20 on WE".

Ennui is 20/20, isn't it? Clear as goddamn crystal.

The past few weeks in NYC have been disconcertingly... sunny and comfortable. Day after day. It's given me a sense of what it must be like to live in L.A.:

Completely fucking numbing.

Maybe if I weren't so clutched by career anxieties, I'd be able to enjoy it more.

This is a tangent, but am I the only one who's distressed that Turtle and Meadow Soprano are dating in really-real life...?


On Entourage, I thought it was a far-fetched hookup. But Entourage is a fantasy show. That's one of the main reasons I enjoy it. It's escapist and everything ALWAYS works out, usually before the half hour is up:


But real life is more relentlessly anticlimactic on a regular basis. At least, right now.

I need some small Entourage-esque miracles to occur in the next two weeks, before August hits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home