Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The Good Son

"I wish I knew how to quit you!"

"Operation: Malice Digs His Way to Hell" commences as i attempt to weasel out of a plan to visit my dad up in maine for thanksgiving.

reasons this is evil
- i haven't seen my dad since the wedding in '03.
- he's already bought an 11 lb. bird.
- as far as i can gather, he doesn't have any real friends up there even though he's been there forever.


reasons i don't care
+ he's a grown man and can do whatever he wants with his life.
+ the only reason i've seen my mom more often than him is because she makes the effort to come down to the city to visit me.
+ i just moved and i've got a lot of work i need to do to set up the place.
+ visiting him would kill the better of 3 days.
+ i get aggravated enough talking on the phone with him for 10 minutes, let alone being trapped with him for over a day.
+ divorced dad + divorced son x wintry maine = let's slit our wrists depressing.


and yet, given all this, there's still i chance i might go up to visit him. need to give him a call and gauge his response. all i know is, i've played the good son, i've played the good husband, and none of that shit pays off. maybe i need to be more selfish up in here.

in other news, my company now classifies my comment box as a "chat" site, so i cannot read or respond to comments from my regular terminal @ work. a nation mourns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home