Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Reclarification of Terms


It annoys me that I have to do this, but I guess this is what happens when you open something up to a larger audience. I apologize because I have tried to keep this blog from getting inordinately heavy/preachy, and I want to keep it that way because the soapbox-crying gets real monotonous when it's unrelenting.

This is my blog. My personal dry erase board.

There is no democracy here. I have to put up with too many assholes in the real world, I won't tolerate them here. If you leave a comment that I find genuinely insulting, I'll edit it or I'll delete it and ban you. I don't care if you're joking. You can post dissenting views, but if I feel that it crosses over into insulting me personally, if it crosses *my* line, it's history. That goes for the faceless as well as the people I know "in the real world": You can spew whatever kind of bullshit you want on your own fucking blog. I don't have to host it here.

Some people like posting things on their blogs to start debates. (Heated debates that go nowhere.) I'm not here to do that. I'm not here to foster some illusion of a "community". If you want that, there are plenty of other places that'll give it to you a lot better than I ever would.

I did not start this blog to create a forum where I could sink my hands into more bullshit from people. I guess calling it "Misanthropy Central" sends an invitation out to small-minded assholes who want to reinforce the unimaginable contempt that I harbor for so many people.

I created this blog, first and foremost, to offer myself a venue for procrastination. To vent annoyance and hatred: not to create it.

I want to apologize again because the majority of people who read this regularly either don't leave comments or post in a perfectly decent manner. But it doesn't take a lot of rats to spread the plague...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home