Sunday, May 24, 2015

Memorial Weekend 2015

Quiet weekend alone this Memorial Day. All my friends are busy with their own families, including my girlfriend. I see her for a night or two during the week but for major holidays, she'll go off with her husband and kid to visit family. Such is my fortune: even when I'm in a relationship, I'm alone!

This has to get better, doesn't it?

If we have a child together, am I still going to be alone for major holidays? Because she's so afraid of pissing off her (ex) husband and his extended family?

It'd be a lie if I said it's not frustrating. It's hard to explain the circumstances to friends and family. The only way it makes sense to me is the belief that this will get better with time. That she represents my future. That we're going to build a family together. That this transitional period will get easier and I won't always be waiting.

But there is still a constant part of me that is braced for this to end immediately. Because the universe doesn't want me to have nice things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home