Wednesday, July 27, 2011

10 Things I Hate About Bobby Boblick

Go to the same gym every day and you tend to see the same people there. Day after day. But, generally, the last thing I ever want to do at the gym is actually TALK to anyone. If I can help it.

What's strange is that I end up seeing a lot of these people more often than I do most of my friends. And I don't even know their names. There's pear-shaped blonde who likes to use the stair-climber. There's older woman with the tattoo on her arm. There's small, muscular woman with the frizzy hair.

I see them out of the corner of my eye. I'm usually blasting music so I don't even know what some of them SOUND like. I never wave hello or even offer the acknowledgement of eye contact. I just go about my business. We are like coworkers at an office where our job parameters don't intersect.

I'm sometimes curious about their lives. What do they do? How are they able to go to the gym at the same time every day? Do they have significant others? Family? Most people have a poker face when they're working out so it's never apparent if they're having a good day or a bad day. They are just trying to get through their routine so they can get out of there. That's what I'm trying to do. I'm just looking forward to getting the hell out of there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home